Grab a mug and pull up a chair!

This is a blog by an adult for adults. Content will generally be PG-13 with a little beefcake now and then, however strong language may prevail, especially when commenting on the geopolitical BULLSHIT going on at home and around the world. Otherwise, please enjoy the snark, comics, some memes, okay, LOTS of memes, cats, and (darkening) humor! Welcome! About the current banner: Sunset over the East Bay

Translate

Monday, August 31, 2026

In PC Hell today

I hate technology.

Me when 8 hours of rebuilding 
a laptop nets nothing... 

A full day of debugging a problem between my PC and my Android phone.  The problem determination just slowly devolved from checking various settings to finally having to do a full-blown rebuild of my laptop.  Meaning I was off line for most of the day, and probably again tomorrow as I tackle the phone with, hopefully, a clearer head.

I have it recovered enough to hobble along for a bit and get crap caught up. I hate when shit just stops working for no apparent reason. 

In the process, I have lost access to my Apple mail account as well. And Crapple, true to form, forced me to change my Email password, when then logged... every... fucking... system... out.  

My longest scream of the word "FUCK" in months. 
 

...meaning that every fucking time I tried (and failed) to log back in, I had to scramble to find something to get the Mother Fucking Apple (MFA) pin from every fucking time the fucking crap would refresh. Sorry, the Tourettes is flaring up; does that when I am stuck working on technology all day and it involves iOS. 

It's 6:10PM.  Been at this since... 8AM this morning. 

  
 

 

1 comment:

Infidel753 said...

It sounds like being knowledgeable enough to fix your own stuff is something of a curse. My understanding of computers basically ends with knowing how to spell "computer", so when something goes seriously wrong I take it to a shop to get it fixed. It costs money, but I'd rather have that than an entire day of frustrating work.